Just like not every singer is the same, not every vocal coach is the same either. A lonnnngggg time ago, I used to teach any singer who invested in lessons. ANY singer.
Then (thankfully), I got pickier. This led to everyone being much happier and my singers getting bigger and more frequent results.
But here’s the thing: IT WORKS BOTH WAYS. Just like ALL singers aren’t a good fit for ME, I’M not a good fit for every singer. For example:
- If you consider constructive feedback or critique as an insult rather than an opportunity to improve, or if you have no intention of trying anything new, I’M NOT YOUR COACH.
- If you are looking for a coach because you know you should have one and want to check that off your list, but you think your voice is fine as is, so you want only validation and compliments, I’M NOT YOUR COACH.
- If you’re not able to hone in on a specific goal or objective in your singing, and you’re just “looking to improve”, or even if you’re not motivated by achieving a goal that’s bigger than you, I’M NOT YOUR COACH.
- If your schedule is too busy to practice outside of sessions, if you believe you don’t need to practice, or if you allow everything else in your life to come before your singing, I’M NOT YOUR COACH.
- If you already have a coach or intend to get coaching from other vocal coaches while working with me, I’M NOT YOUR COACH. **I’m not egotistical enough to think no one else can help you, I just know from experience that singers who coach with multiple teachers at the same time rarely progress because we’re always re-learning and undoing the same techniques & habits since the feedback isn’t the same from both teachers. Therefore, I DON’T COACH SINGERS WITH COACHES.
- If you aren’t willing to celebrate your achievements (even the small ones) along the way, I’M NOT YOUR COACH.
- If you’re looking for the cheapest option available to you but you want to be given the highest level of access to me, I’M NOT YOUR COACH.
- If you see vocal coaching as too expensive or not worth the investment, I’M NOT YOUR COACH.
Know what you want in a coach before you make an investment because we’re NOT all the same, nor can you achieve the same results with all coaches.
Also, personalities and connections matter! It’s why I have a call with potential clients first, so we can make sure we are a good fit for each other before any investments are made. I don’t want to work with a singer who isn’t happy with me, and no singer wants to work with a coach they don’t vibe with. Singing is VULNERABLE and you need someone you trust with your vulnerability.
I have 5 slots available for private clients right now. Wanna see if we’d be a good fit for working together?