Over my two decades of creating singers who never lose their voices no matter how loud or how long they sing, I’ve collected a series of myths from clients and prospects about singing – myths that, when bought into and implemented, can actually damage your voice. I’m going to quickly share my top five myths with you and we’ll go into greater detail on each one over the course of this month. Be forewarned that some of these may surprise or trigger you.
MY TOP 5 LIST OF MYTHS THAT ARE ACTUALLY DAMAGING YOUR VOICE:
- Saving your voice the day of a big concert or gig
- Making an “open” sound or throat in order to sing prettier, healthier, safer, etc.
- Pulling some chest voice into your head voice to create a richer sound
- Using Throat Coat Tea, et al, when you are feeling the fatigue and have to perform
- Pulling back on high notes when belting because it’s safer
Curious? Feeling at all triggered? Over the next five weeks, I’ll be breaking down each of these myths on Wednesdays at 1 pm when I go LIVE right here, so don’t miss out!
Also, if you’re ready to know more because you implement all five of these into your singing, you might be a perfect fit for my upcoming case study where I’ll walk you through my Total Vocal Health™ system in exchange for your full participation, feedback, and permission to record and use the footage in my marketing. You can apply here.